- Samuel's Blog - https://samuelgordonstewart.com -

Fire at The Lodge

2UE News is reporting that there was a small fire in the kitchen at The Lodge, Prime Minister Kevin Rudd’s official Canberra residence today, and two staff were treated for smoke inhalation.

It is apparently not known if Mr. Rudd and/or his family were in The Lodge at the time.

I can’t find this story anywhere else to verify it yet, and I didn’t see any emergency services near The Lodge when I went past there twice in the last few hours. Regardless, I hope everyone is OK.

Samuel
(originally posted 7:05pm: Promoted back to top of page at 7:51pm)