Overnight I discovered that the atom feed was showing everything on the front page, which for some unknown reason was everything on this blog, despite the settings being different.
I have changed the settings slightly so that now the last 14 days appear on the front page and the feed.
For some reason this sent the feed into ga-ga land and it was only giving out 4 posts from a couple weeks back, this has fixed itself overnight (good, I didn’t have to do it!) and the feed works properly again.
I apoligise to feed subscribers who experienced problems, hopefully it won’t happen again.
Feed subscribers will now have a shorter list of recent posts making it easier and faster to obtain, and people visiting the front page of the blog will have a shorter page which loads much faster.