September 28th, 2007 at 07:53am
Stored for archival purposes
Here is a majority copy of the press release I am currently distributing to media outlets in Canberra.
Samuel Gordon-Stewart, independent candidate for the federal seat of Fraser, has officially launched his campaign today by outlining some of his main policies.
Samuel is committed to providing a viable alternative to the major parties, and as an independent, has the ability to represent the views and wishes of the people of Fraser without the “party line” getting in the way.
Among Samuel’s key policies are:
- The nationalisation of education and health, with plans to move government funding from the private sector to the public sector, and provide bulk billed health and dental services in as many areas as possible. Samuel is also committed to ensuring the ACT education system, particularly the college system, is used as the basis for the national education system.
- Bold new initiatives to stave off drought and replenish the farming sector, and therefore make the economy better, and improve the standard of living for regional areas.
- The acceptance that Climate Change is a mostly natural phenomenon, and that we need to plan around the natural climate cycle.
- Economically sustainable targets for the reduction of pollution, and the introduction of renewable energy to improve the air quality, and therefore our standard of living.
- A majority government owned national fibre-to-the-home high speed broadband network, and the urgent provision of broadband services to all areas of the nation that do not currently have them.
- Oppose the Tralee development in favour of a Googong development to prevent excess aircraft noise over Canberra.
- A speeding up of the rollout of digital radio, and government assistance to ensure that no broadcasters are adversely affected by the change.
Full details of these policies can be found on Samuel’s website at http://samuelgordonstewart.com
Entry Filed under: Vote 1 Samuel!