April 16th, 2006 at 05:16pm
The Easter Bunny was very good this year (thankyou Mr. Bunny), and brought some very nice Easter Eggs from Alpha Confectionery (and another egg from another company, although it hasn’t been unwrapped so I don’t know who it is).
I must admit that until now I had not heard of Alpha Confectionery, which in hindsight is a shame as they make some lovely chocolate. The Easter Egg boxes contain one large egg, and four chocolates, the eggs that we have came with either Apricot or Plum filling chocolates.
So far everyone in the household has had one Plum Royale chocolate, and they were absolutely fantastic. The plan originally was to have two chocolates each at morning tea, but the plum chocolates were so smooth and rich and lovely that we couldn’t really eat another one straight away, firstly because it is nice to retain the taste in memory for a while, and secondly because they are just so satisfying.
Once again, thankyou Mr. Bunny, these are an excellent choice, and I thank you. I just hope that Supabarn start stocking more Alpha products as they are very very good.
I’ve had a couple requests for information about Nattie’s Easter food, and I can inform you that she had a smoked bacon bone, which she has been enjoying.
Seeing as there is so much chocolate flowing today, it might be a good idea to have a look at some rules of chocolate (Thanks to Irene in Brisbane for sending this through to John Kerr this morning, and prompting me to do a Google search for it).
- If you’ve got melted chocolate all over your hands, you’re eating it too slowly.
- Chocolate covered raisins, cherries, orange slices and strawberries all count as fruit, so eat as many as you want.
- The problem:
How to get two pounds of chocolate home from the store in a hot car.
Eat it in the parking lot.
- Diet tip … eat a chocolate bar before each meal. It’ll take the edge off your appetite, and you’ll eat less.
- If calories are an issue, store your chocolate on top of the fridge. Calories are afraid of heights, and they will jump out of the chocolate to protect themselves.
- If you eat equal amounts of dark chocolate and white chocolate, you have a balanced diet. They counteract each other very nicely
- Money talks … Chocolate sings beautifully!
- Chocolate has many preservatives. Preservatives make you look younger. Therefore, you need to eat more chocolate.
- A nice box of chocolates can provide your total daily intake of calories in one place. Now, isn’t that handy?
- If you can’t eat all your chocolate, it will keep in the freezer. But if you can’t eat all your chocolate, what’s wrong with you???
- If not for chocolate, there would be no need for control top pantyhose. An entire garment industry would be devastated. You can’t let that happen, can you?
- Put “eat chocolate” at the top of your list of things to do today. That way, at least you’ll get one thing done.