February 5th, 2006 at 11:37pm
Once again it is time to take our monthly look at the Blog View Stats, and once again Webstat stopped counting somewhere on January 30 as the site exceeded 20,000 page views for the month. I have made a couple changes to the stats, the usual file stats remain, but no longer take Samuel’s Persiflage into account, that has it’s own category now. I have also noticed the bandwidth stats provided by my webhosting company and will be including them on a monthly basis.
The Webstat reports for January can be found here
There were 20,002+ page views in January, up from 14,499 in December, and 5,299+ visitors, up from 3,743 in December.
There were 7,645+ views of the front page on all of its URLs.
The most popular articles were:
- The People Who Misuse My Name
- James Goodwin Heads For Television
- Another Editorial Policy Post
- My Santa Photo for 2005 and
- Here’s The Schnappi Video
Google remained the most popular search engine, followed by Yahoo, and MSN.
The search keywords were mostly various combinations and misspellings of my name. John Kerr and George Gibson also featured prominently. Among the odd keywords were
- candy man advert
- yearbook graduation comments
- pictures of Samuel’s dream
- spoon restuarant
- how to remove a tree crane bobcat
- clarkconnect via samuel
- photos of werewolf disease
- chkdsk completion going backwards
- dream of eating doughnuts
- powerline ubuntu
- november 2005 guess books of dickson
- clints open mind
- unfortunately samuel
- songs with the word sail
Internet Explorer was the most popular browser with 66.68% of the readership, Firefox was next with 27.27%, and by Safari on 4.31%.
Windows was the most popular Operating System with 91.59% of the readership, followed by Mac with 7.14%, and Linux with 1.16%.
Australia, The US and The UK topped the Countries, with 89.34%, 3.89% and 2.99% of the readership respectively.
The most popular files for the month were:
- The video of ACTION’s horrid green busses and the excessive noise they make, which was downloaded 110 times.
- The original intro for Samuel’s Persiflage, downloaded 53 times.
- The WMV version of my weather picture on Prime Local News, downloaded 52 times.
- My chat with John Kerr on the morning of the New Day Australia Christmas Cruise, downloaded 50 times.
- My conversation with John Laws, downloaded 39 times.
The top referring sites for the month were:
- The Spin Starts Here: 1004 referrals
- Syndicate Motor Sports: 295 referrals (for the record, the photo was taken at the ANU, Manning Clark Centre Lecture Theatre Three at Linux.conf.au 2005)
- The RiotACT: 231 referrals.
- Canberra Cruises: 98 referrals.
- Collective Apathy: 88 Referrals.
Samuel’s Persiflage Statistics
The RSS feed was downloaded 1661 times, up from 150 in December, and making a total of 1811.
Episode 1 (December 2005) was downloaded 291 times, up from 80 in December, and making a total of 371.
Episode 2 (January 2006) was downloaded 144 times.
August 2005: 82.93MB
September 2005: 519.89MB
October 2005: 657.85MB
November 2005: 2,870MB
December 2005: 14,010MB
January 2006: 14,240MB
Entry Filed under: Blog News