November 17th, 2005 at 05:14pm
Alrighty then, Nielsen have put their report up on the web here and I’ve summarised it all below. Unfortunately Nielsen don’t release detailed reports to the public for regional areas (Yep, Canberra is regional in radio), so we will just have to make do with overall results.
The general trend is for losses by the AM stations and gains by the FM stations. Interestingly, FM 104.7 managed to take over the top spot from Mix 106.3, the survey was undertaken from October 9 to November 5.
The results are as follows:
- FM 104.7 21.0% Up from 18.4&
- MIX 106.3 20.7% Down from 20.9%
- 666ABC 17.6% Down from 18.0%
- JJJ 8.5% Up from 7.1%
- ABC CLASSIC FM 7.0% Up from 6.9%
- 2CC 6.8% Down from 7.7%
- RADIO NATIONAL 6.7% Down from 8.1%
- 2CA 4.4% Down from 5.3%
- NEWS RADIO 2.5% Down from 2.6%