October 5th, 2005 at 08:56pm
The raft of recent unsavoury people leaving comments has prompted me to do something I didn’t want to have to do. I have made a few changes to the editorial policy of this website…the policy itself remains confidential and subject to change, but the following things should act as general guidelines.
- Whilst I continue to take no responsibility for the comments of others, I endeavour to make this website as family friendly as possible. That means that I will not tolerate nastiness for no particular reason. You are still free to criticise me, but only if you can provide sensible reasoning. In general, if your nasty comment has no relevance to the post it is attached to I reserve the right to delete it. If you feel a need to turn nasty towards me, there is a link to the contact form at the top of every page…use it. If you feel a need to be nasty towards somebody else, this isn’t the place to do it (unless that is the topic). Nastiness towards regular readers/commenters is generally off-topic.
- This is MY website, if you don’t like it, go away and read some other website…or if you aren’t capable of that, find the nearest mental asylum and ask for a padded room. That being said I have no problem with you disagreeing with something I have said, but I do have a problem with you posting comments for the sole purpose of attacking me (or others), I’ve had enough.
- Defamation is not wanted, there are plenty of other websites designed to defame people for no particular reason, this is not one of them.
- Certain people who shall remain nameless have requested that they be kept off this site, their requests were reasonable and logical, and I shall uphold their request
- And finally, as previously mentioned, this I my website, and I shall have the final word on what is, and is not acceptable, on this site. I do not guarantee that the same thing will be applicable to each and every person who comes here, as certain people are, in my view, more welcome here than others. Your ability to leave comments here is a privilege, not a right, so treat it as such.
Entry Filed under: Blog News